Photo credit: ICRISAT
Participants at the workshop. Photo: OC Akerele
BUILDING ECONOMICALLY SUSTAINABLE AND EFFECTIVE LEGUME SEED SYSTEMS IN NIGERIA
An action plan for the 2017 cropping season for groundnut and cowpea was drawn up at a training workshop to strengthen the capacities of stakeholders in the legumes value chain in Nigeria.
The training centered around five specific objectives:
- Strategy to increase production and productivity of groundnut and cowpea to meet the Nigerian seed road map target;
- Appropriate data collection using updated digital tools;
- Strengthening of seed dissemination pathway (formal and informal seed sector);
- Developing a seed business plan and marketing strategy; and
- Developing policies and regulations related to seed development.
The key issues identified for implementation are as follows:
Read the full article: ICRISAT