From 8-10 September 2017, the State Forestry Administration, the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification secretariat, the United Nations Environment and All Youth China Federation in partnership with Chinese Forestry Academy to co-organize the first UNCCD Youth Forum recognizing the important roles that the youth plays in achieving the sustainable development goals, in particular target 15.3 on Land Degradation Neutrality.
Are you a young person advancing SDG15? Apply to attend and speak at the Youth Forum organized during 13th Conference of Parties (COP13) of the United Nations to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) Ordos, Inner Mongolia, China
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter
Objectives of the Forum:
- Voicing the youth commitment in achieving Land Degradation Neutrality;
- Building the capacity and opportunities for youth in the work on combating desertification, land degradation and drought;
- Sharing youth / youth organizations experience in combating desertification
The Committee of the Youth Forum will facilitate in identifying speakers and representatives from all regions to participate in the forum. The youth representatives and speakers will be selected based on their submission of the following:
- Personal details (please use the form provided) Youth Forum United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification 13th Conference of Parties Land, Youth and Sustainability
- Nomination letter from an CSO accredited or provisionally accredited to the Convention (bearing official letterhead and seal)1
- Answers for the questions included in the form
- Curriculum vitae (max 2 pages)
- 2 samples of work undertaken by the incumbent related to land issues (e.g. blog, video, articles, etc.) A web link to the provided material is also sufficient.
Selected speakers and representatives will receive full funding of international travel, accommodation and daily allowance during the forum.
- be between 18 to 35 years of age;
- be volunteers / members for a civil society organization or network, academic institution, trade or technical institution or UN youth-related education program;
- be authorized officially by their organization or network to speak on behalf of the organization or institution (providing a signed letter from head of organization or a supervisor);
- have demonstrated ability to engage constructively with a variety of stakeholders;
- be available to be in Ordos, China from 7-10 September 2017;
- have a visa for travel to China, or be able to obtain one within 2 weeks. (Please check with the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your country. Selected speakers will receive an invitation letter to support a visa application, but will be responsible for obtaining the visa and for any costs associated with obtaining the visa.);
- agree to produce a daily article / blog for the forum when selected
- be able to communicate in English